What to Expect on a Long Distance Move
The cost of long distance moves are based on the weight of your shipment, the miles traveling and the moving services you request.
A local move estimate is easy, but a long distance estimate is more involved.
Moving from one state to different state is regulated by the Federal Department of Transportation, Surface Transportation Board.
Long distant charges can include:
- The cost of the the long distant move.
- Carton cost, labor to pack, and unpack.
- Setup charges – If large items are boxed and moved. the estimate will include unpacking those boxes, e.g. setting up your beds.
- An origin and destination service charge determined by the weight of the items moved.
- Third party charges – crating of fine items, taking apart and reassembling items when necessary, appliance setup.
- Moving Insurance to protect you against damaged or lost goods.
- Fuel surcharge.
- Insurance related surcharges because of the high costs of trucking insurance.
Long distance moving estimates should have the cost for each type of service you request clearly shown on your estimate.
T-N-T Moving Systems, Inc.
4321-K Stuart Andrew Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28217