Moving is always a hassle. There’s the packing, the lifting, the hauling, the unpacking… the list goes on. And if you’re moving to a new city, there’s also the added stress of adjusting to a new home and community. But there is one simple way to make the entire process a little bit easier: music.
Music has the power to boost our mood, increase our energy levels, and help us to stay focused. So whether you’re packing boxes or driving to your new home, listening to your favorite tunes can help you to get through the move with a smile on your face. And once you’re settled into your new place, you can use music to explore your new neighborhood and find your way around.
If you’re a little overwhelmed by the thought of choosing artists and genres, don’t sweat it—this T-N-T Moving Systems guide will get your playlists off to a strong start. So don’t forget to pack your headphones; they just might be the most important thing in your moving box!
How Music Helps Us Tackle Our Tasks
When it comes to completing tedious or strenuous tasks, many of us find that listening to music can help us stay productive, inspired, and motivated. But what is it about music that has this effect?
One possible explanation is that music has a direct impact on our mood. Studies have shown that music can influence our emotions in many ways, including by increasing feelings of happiness, sadness, excitement, and relaxation. When we’re feeling good, we’re more likely to be productive and motivated; and when we’re feeling relaxed and calm, we may be less stressed and more likely to take on challenging tasks.
In addition to its effects on our moods, research has also shown that music can influence our cognitive function. For example, one study found that students who listened to music before taking a test scored significantly higher than those who didn’t. This may be because music can help us focus and block out distractions. It can also improve our memory and make it easier for us to learn new information.
So what does all this mean for someone who’s experiencing the physical and mental toll of moving homes? Simply put, when it comes to tackling those tedious or strenuous tasks, listening to music can get you through. And that’s definitely something to sing about!
Best 60s & 70s Music
If you’re looking for something that will keep you moving and packing all day long, you can’t go wrong with tunes from the 1960s and 70s. From The Beatles to Led Zeppelin, there are plenty of iconic bands from this era to provide the perfect soundtrack for your day.
Plan to hear some incredibly catchy music that keeps you singing through your most tedious packing and moving jobs. Here are 15 of the best 60s and 70s songs to add to your playlists:
- “I Can’t Quit You Baby” by Led Zeppelin
- “Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
- “Hey Jude” by The Beatles
- “Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
- “What I Like About You” by The Romantics
- “You Really Got Me” by Van Halen
- “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones
- “I Wanna Be Your Dog” by The Stooges
- “American Girl” by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
- “Brown Sugar” by The Rolling Stones
- “Born to Run” by Bruce Springsteen
- “(Don’t Fear) the Reaper” by Blue Öyster Cult
- “Detroit Rock City” by KISS
- “Rock and Roll All Nite” by KISS
- “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen
Best 80s Music
The 80s era is known for its upbeat and exciting songs that are perfect for getting your heart rate up and helping you power through moving tasks. Some of the most popular tracks from the period include “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey, “Footloose” by Kenny Loggins, and “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll” by Joan Jett. If you want to add a bit of nostalgia as you pack up the basement or move your belongings into your new house, consider these other 80s hits:
- “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” by Simple Minds
- “Every Breath You Take” by The Police
- “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” by Eurythmics
- “Eye of the Tiger” by Survivor
- “The Final Countdown” by Europe
- “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina and The Waves
- “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” Pat Benatar
- “No One Like You” Scorpions
- “My Prerogative” Bobby Brown
- “Buffalo Stance” Neneh Cherry
- “Bad Reputation” Joan Jett
- “What I Like About You” by The Romantics
- “The Look” by Roxette
- “Jump” by Van Halen
- “Hungry Like the Wolf” by Duran Duran
Best Country Music
There’s nothing like some good old-fashioned country music to get your heart pumping and your muscles moving! The driving rhythms and upbeat melodies of country tunes are the perfect accompaniment to a busy moving process. Whether you’re packing boxes, loading a truck, or driving to your new home, country music can keep your spirits high.
Here are 15 of T-N-T Moving System’s favorite country songs for your playlist:
- “All My Ex’s Live in Texas” by George Strait
- “Friends in Low Places” by Garth Brooks
- “Strawberry Wine” by Deana Carter
- “The Dance” by Garth Brooks
- “When You Say Nothing at All” by Alison Krauss
- “The Thunder Rolls” by Garth Brooks
- “I Love it When You Call Me Sometime” by Faith Hill
- “Every Storm (Runs Out of Rain)” by Gary Allan
- “Chattahoochee” by Alan Jackson
- “Live Like You Were Dying” by Tim McGraw
- “Wagon Wheel” by Darius Rucker
- “Where the Green Grass Grows” by Tim McGraw
- “Guitars, Cadillacs” by Dwight Yoakam
- “Mamas Don’t Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys” by Waylon Jennings
- “She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy” by Kenny Chesney
Best Rock Music (90s – Current)
Moving to a new home is an exciting time, but it can also be a bit overwhelming. There’s so much to do and plan for, and it’s easy to forget the small details. But one thing you definitely don’t want to forget is your rock playlist!
Moving is the perfect opportunity to crank up the volume and let loose, and we’ve got just the playlist to get you moving. From classics like Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” to more recent hits like Fall Out Boy’s “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark,” there’s something for everyone on our list of the best rock songs to pack and move to. So turn up the volume, put on your dancing shoes, and get ready to rock your way into your new home. Here are 15 of our favorite rock songs from the 1990s through the 2020s:
- “Heart-Shaped Box” by Nirvana
- “Boulevard of Broken Dreams” by Green Day
- “You Oughta Know” by Alanis Morissette
- “Rope” by Foo Fighters
- “Everlong” by Foo Fighters
- “My Own Worst Enemy” by Lit
- “The Middle” by Jimmy Eat World
- “One Step Closer” by Linkin Park
- “Duality” by Slipknot
- “Welcome to the Black Parade” by My Chemical Romance
- “What I’ve Done” by Linkin Park
- “I Miss You” by Blink-182
- “Alone” by Marshmello ft. Bastille
- “Gives You Hell” by The All-American Rejects
- “The Anthem” by Good Charlotte
Best Rap Music
And last but not least, we’ve got some great rap music to help you through the tough job of moving. There’s nothing like a stellar beat to get some motivation when you’re tired, and these songs will do the trick. So add them to your moving playlist, put on your headphones, and crank up the volume!
- “I’ll Be Missing You” by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans ft. 112
- “One More Chance” / “Stay With Me” by The Notorious B.I.G.
- “Regulate” by Warren G and Nate Dogg
- “California Love” by 2Pac ft. Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman
- “I’m Real” by Jennifer Lopez ft. Ja Rule
- “In Da Club” by 50 Cent
- “Bad Boy for Life” by Puff Daddy ft. Mase and Carl Thomas
- “Lose Yourself” by Eminem
- “Hey Ya!” by Outkast
- “Hot in Herre” by Nelly
- “POWER” by Kanye West
- “Alright” by Kendrick Lamar
- “Black and Yellow” by Wiz Khalifa
- “Can’t Tell Me Nothing” by Kanye West
- “Got Money” by Lil Wayne
Whether you’re a fan of the 60s, country, rock, or any other type of music, don’t forget to connect with T-N-T Moving Systems to make your move easier. We can provide all the packing supplies and equipment you need to get your belongings from Point A to Point B safely and efficiently. Plus, we have more than 20 years of experience in the moving industry, so you know you can count on us for a smooth transition into your new home or office. Contact us today for a free quote! (704) 523-1455