Here at T-N-T Moving Systems, we know the chaos of moving. It takes a lot of time and effort to get into a new home and the task can be overwhelming. That’s why we’ve created this checklist for you so that when moving day comes, you can move all your belongings to your new home with no troubles.
Before Moving Day
The best way to make sure your moving day runs smoothly is to begin the moving process several weeks in advance. That way when moving day comes, you can be ready for movers to load your things into the truck and the process can happen without a hitch. Some things you should do before moving day are:
- Get organized – It can seem daunting but sorting through your things in advance, will save you the headache later. Label things you want to keep, donate, or sell. You may want to consider hosting a yard sale to get rid of unwanted items.
- Book a moving company – Moving is hard enough. Why do it yourself? Call T-N-T Moving Systems for a quote on your move. We will show up on moving day, load your boxes and furniture into our truck, and bring everything to your new home.
- Start with the non-essentials – When you begin to pack up your house in the weeks leading up to moving day, start with the things that you will most likely not need for the next few weeks. As moving day draws nearer, pack a suitcase with the essentials you will need when you get to your new home. Have enough clothes and toiletries in the suitcase to last around a week. When packing up your possessions don’t forget: Label everything. When you get to your new home and begin unpacking, you want to make the process as easy as possible. Labeling boxes will help the moving out and moving in processes.
- Break down the bigger things – The last thing you should do to prepare for moving day is to break down your furniture such as beds and couches. It is recommended that you do this either a few days before or the night before moving day. After everything is either packed up or broken down, you are ready for moving day!
Moving Day is here! With everything already packed up and organized, the only thing left to do is load it into the moving truck and bring it to your new home. It can be a hectic day but moving day can go smoothly by:
- Work with the movers – Your movers will arrive at the scheduled time so be sure that you are there and waiting for them. Help them by supervising the loading of the truck and let them know about any fragile items.
- Keep kids or pets out of the way – Kids and pets can run around and distract you and the movers. It is a good idea to keep them in a separate room so that you and the movers don’t miss something. You might want to consider a pet sitter.
- One final sweep – Before you take off, you should take one final sweep of the house before you close the door for the last time. You don’t want to forget anything and not realize until you start unpacking.
- Get the movers where they are going – Double check that the movers have the accurate location of your new home and give them your phone number and contact information.
Finally, after a long day of moving, you arrive at your new home. With this timeline, you can be sure that you are prepared for your move and T-N-T Moving Systems can load all of your belongings safely and efficiently.